- What are Serging Sewing Machine and What are they used for?
- Why should people use Serger sewing machines?
- Best Serger Sewing Machines List
- 1. Juki Pearl Line MO-654DE 2/3/4 Thread Serger
- 2. Brother 3234DT 2, 3, or 4 Thread Serger with Differential Feed
- 3. Brother 2340CV Cover Stitch
- 4. JUKI MO654DE Portable Thread Serger Sewing Machine
- 5. Brother Designio Series DZ1234 Serger
- 6. Janome MOD-Serger with Lay-In Threading, 3 and 4 Thread Convertible with Differential Feed
What are Serging Sewing Machine and What are they used for?
Serger sewing machines are also known as an Overlock machine because it is a kind of stitching that sews over the edge of one or two pieces of cloth for edging or seaming. Usually, an overlock sewing machine will cut the edges of the cloth as they are fed through and are called Serging machines. A serger uses 3, 4, or 5 threads to sew a seam, trim off the raw edges, and finish the edges all at the same time. The most common type is the 3/4 serger which can sew with three or four threads. As they are more professional and durable. They are used in the wide range for decoration, reinforcement, or construction especially for fabrics that have stretch. The threads lock around the seam to prevent fraying and the machine also cuts off the seam allowance as it sews. One of the best features of Serging sewing machines is that they are so much efficient and run at high speeds ranging from 1000 to over 9000 rpm Thus I think I have made myself clear about are Serging sewing machine and What are they used for.
Why should people use Serger sewing machines?
As I have made myself clear on the above discussion of Serging Sewing Machine and its usefulness. Still, I can recall in short for you. First of all, People should use a Serger machine as they are much easier to use than other machines. Secondly, they are efficient, durable, and works at a very high speed which saves a lot of time. Thirdly sewing wovens can be faster and neater with a serger and mostly it is used by professional people to make their work attractive and beautiful. Last you can even sew your garments and even you can turn off the blade if you thing you don’t want to cut anything. Isn’t it great to hear? You must have liked its important features and reason to use Serger sewing machines.
So after reviewing Best Sewing Machine list now Below are the Top 6 Serger Sewing Machines which you should buy or have a look if you are looking to buy a Serger Sewing Machine.
Best Serger Sewing Machines List
1. Juki Pearl Line MO-654DE 2/3/4 Thread Serger
This Model MO-654DE has built-in rolled hemming and performs all the popular overlock and flatlock variations. You can even add serging techniques to your world of sewing and open new doors to design opportunities. With this model, you will be given many accessories like Presser’s foot, Large Screwdriver, Small Screwdriver, Spare lower knife, Spool Caps, Oiler, Thread nets and the list goes on and on. The price of this model is hiked at 499$. Some of the features of this model are:-
- Variety of thread options like 2-3-4
- Flip and roll if you want to change the needle plate or foot.
- Color-coded threading Guides enables the user to check color-coded and clearly marked paths.
- Super easy looper threading by which you can slide the looper into the slot and snap the looter into place.
- Heavy Duty Knife which assures consistent and easy cutting for both light and heavyweight fabrics.
- Multipurpose presser foot which allows you to create overlock stitches and add tape, elastic, ribbon to your creations.
2. Brother 3234DT 2, 3, or 4 Thread Serger with Differential Feed
This model Brother 3234DT helps the user to delivers professional edge finishing on a wide range of fabrics, including knits and woven materials. It is very versatile as it allows you to work on 2,3,4 threads with 3-4 thread sergers. One of the best things about this model is that it is very easy to use and easy to thread. The price of this model is hiked at 499$. Some of the features of this model are:-
- Reliable, Efficient, and has 2,3,4 threads serger which delivers professional edge finishing on fabrics.
- Useful for Create ruffles, decorative edge and much more
- Comes with an instruction video, a printed manual which makes user easy to learn and thread.
- Accessories include a wide table, blind stitch foot, gathering foot, softcover, and a range of useful accessories.
3. Brother 2340CV Cover Stitch
This model Brother 2340CV Cover Stitch is a very advanced serger and allows you to create a wide range of cover stitches on all types and weights of fabric for both decorative and constructive applications. It allows you to alter the speed and creates professional hems. The price of this model is hiked at 381$. Some of the features of this model are:-
- With wide needle options, you can easily do the easy threading.
- Pressor foot dial assures consistent fabric delivery.
- Slide lever adjustment
- Cover Stitch Capability is 3mm and 6mm
4. JUKI MO654DE Portable Thread Serger Sewing Machine
This model JUKI MO654DE provides a nice combination of size and features. It is smaller in size thus it can be stored easily but remain powerful when in operation. It’s easy to use and no need of seeing manual for learning. The included safety switch disables the machine’s motor when the swing cover is opened for threading, preventing the machine from running simultaneously. The price of this model is hiked at 368$. Some of the features of this model are:-
- Color-coded threading breakaway looper external adjustment for stitch length and differential feed.
- Sews light to heavyweight fabric
- Powerful knife system with the dedicated drive mechanism
5. Brother Designio Series DZ1234 Serger
This model Brother Designio Series DZ1234 Serger helps you to cut and finish garments quickly and with ease. The DZ1234 even comes with two sets of starter threads and a Blind Hem Stitch Foot, a Gathering Foot, and a Piping Foot to give you, even more, options for that professional, specialized finish you’re looking for on your designs. The price of this model is hiked at 232$. Some of the features of this model are:-
- Can sew up to 1,300 stitches per minute to create couture-level fashions faster than ever.
- Very reliable and come with Easy Color-Coded Threading so that you no longer have to struggle to thread your serger.
- The Differential Fabric Feed offers a 0.7 – 2.0 ratio on many fabrics, even lightweight knits, providing durable and consistent stitch quality virtually every time.
- The stitch width can be easily adjusted between 3.0mm and 7.0mm so that you can be provided the perfect stitch width for your project.
6. Janome MOD-Serger with Lay-In Threading, 3 and 4 Thread Convertible with Differential Feed
This model, Janome MOD-Serger with Lay-In Threading, is the perfect machine for handling a variety of high demanding tasks. This model gives the compact machine to make beginner denim, knit, and hemmed projects. The price of this model is hiked at 259$. Some of the features of this model are:-
- Given a variety of thread options to work with and make beautiful designs.
- Has a lower looper pretension setting slider which helps user for easy threading in seconds and saves a lot of time.
- The best feature is Gathering which is the quickest and easiest way to add a ruffle to your projects. The more you increase the differential feed, the more fabric it will push under the gathering presser foot as you serge.
After digging a lot of information about these machines, I have given the reviews according to my will. Every machine is user-friendly, durable, efficient in its way, and helps the user to save his/her a lot of time. If you are really looking to buy anyone serger machine, then I guess I may have helped you a lot in buying just the perfect machine for yourself which will help you to sew and give the attractive design to your project. If you think I have missed any serger machine which according to you is also should be a part of these Top 6 Serger machines, Kindly make a comment so that we can add to our list. Do give a share to support us and let us deliver more and more posts of machines to make you choose The Best Serger Sewing Machine. Thanks a lot for giving us your valuable time and believing in us.